Saturday, August 13, 2016

She dont want to leave

I really hope she decide to get out before its too late. Its no longer a flash flood warning , its a flash flood emergency. She is close to Denham Springs . Near the Amite the water is rising a foot an hour. The rain is not about to stop no time soon. Right now I'm in Baton Rouge I did not want to leave my home but I want my kids to be safe . We live pretty close to the Baker area. We had to get out , Baker even had a curfew that started at 8pm last night. The water is slowly creeping up . My emergency bag is not as prepared as I thought it would be . I should have brought life jackets,swim equipment and googles etc. ......I always planned for storms and bad hurricanes. I have flashlights, candles,matches , first aide kits etc. Not much in case of a flood though. Right now in certain parts of Baton Rouge like where I am for instance, everything is fine for now. Its just raining non-stop. In flooded areas the water is not still so even if you can swim you may still be swept away by the current. I pray it doesn't get worse

No comments:

Post a Comment